Friday, February 5, 2016

To Die For Friday - Valentine #4 - "My Heart's all a Flutter" Card

Hello everyone and welcome to another To Die For Friday post.

I want to just jump right into today's card. The inspiration for this card I found a while back. I can't find the website or the person's blog that I saw this on to give the credit to but the idea behind this card was from that. I did change it up and will explain what I changed as I go. 
I used MFT's Flying Butterfly die on some white cardstock and the die cut it again with some red and pink cardstock from the scrap bin. I used some printer paper behind the white paper so I could glue the butterflies down.  I then cut down some pattern paper from the Doodlebug 6x6  Love Bugs paper pad to be the same width as the butterfly die cut. I used the second to smallest heart from spellbinders Classic Hearts die to make the windows, the card I saw used circles. I then lined them up and marked the butterflies that will be showing through the hearts.  I just used some Tombow and filled in with the pink and red butterflies as well as some of the white ones. I used some foam tape to give just a bit of height.
I used the largest Stitched Rectangle from Lawn Fawn for the front of my card. I took some pink ribbon from ribbon bin and wrapped that around and taped it in the back to hold it in place. I then just made a small bow and used some glue dots to hold it in place. I used Jesse's ABC's from Lawn Fawn and made my own sentiment. I lined everything up on my block and then stamped it using Versafine Black ink. Then glued the panel the the front of my card base which is a top folding A2 size card. I then glued the heart/butterfly panel down. I had trimmed that so it would sit just inside the stitched lines.
For the inside I die cut another stitched rectangle (the largest one does fit inside with out having to trim) and then add some of the remaining butterflies going across the bottom and up the left side. This leaves room for a sentiment or love note.

Like I said I would love to give the credit for the inspiration behind this card but i cant seem to find the post. Thank you so much for joining me for today's post. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will see you on Monday.

Happy Crafting



Supplies



No comments:

Post a Comment